Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pins and Needles - any day could be the day

I am really getting nervous! Everyday when I get home my wife is exhausted and feeling pain and I feel helpless so I do my best to rub her feet and let her know how honored I am for her to carry our two babies. She is so uncomfortable just moving around that I can tell the girls will be here soon. I want them to stay inside for at least 4 more weeks but the way Michelle is acting it looks to be any day now. We are really getting along so well right now and I could not be happier. I have even been getting so close to my step daughter lately that I feel so complete. My step daughter Taylor who I think of as my own made my lunch for me yesterday. She was so cute about it and wrote me a note that said "Hey Daddy Jay, I hope that you have a great day at work I just wanted to say that I love you. Love Pumpkin" This was the best feeling anyone could ever feel. I ate my lunch with the biggest smile that you could imagine. Taylor can be so sweet and loving when you least expect it. I have been thinking so much now about my new family dynamic and I heard a really good quote, "Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad". I promise to make these words ring true with all three of my girls! Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!

No comments: