Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sleep deprevation!!! You are calling my name

This is a picture of the girls with Grandmas Drapeau and Miller. Look at how sweet the girls look while they are sleeping. Let me tell you something that everyone takes for granted before babies are born. Every human being needs a certain number of hours of sleep each day to revive brain cells and other body systems so they’ll continue functioning effectively. I find myself craving naps during the day and feel out of it, anxious and groggy. We have been getting only three hours of sleep or less each night. Ultimately, parents to be have no idea how the lack of sleep that two babies can bring. If you're only getting three hours of sleep night after night and sometimes less, you'll most likely take your frustration and anger out on your partner. I can see this slightly already and the girls are only one week old so I need to understand my wifes newly found impatience (not to mention mine). I want to get up during the night because if we work as a team we can get through this difficult time a little easier. With two babies, it takes twice as long to change, feed and dress them. When one is done, you have a whole new baby to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I love every minute of it but it can sure be draining. I find myself just staring at them at 2:00 AM and thinking what prefect little angels and two minutes later their cries could awaken Rip Van Winkle. Twins are double the fun and double the sleep deprevation but worth every second.

No comments: