Monday, September 3, 2007

37 Weeks - Happy Labor Day

It is 37 weeks and Michelle is ready to have our girls. I am sooooooooo scarred yet anxious to hold them. It is getting to be difficult for Michelle to stand up and move around. Her next appointment is in 2 days and we should know if they are going to plan a C - Section or let her give birth naturally. Either way, I am nervous the C - Section would be planned and that would take the unknown out of the equation but seeing blood makes my knees weak. I would have to be in a position to support Michelle and and stay away from seeing the incision. Naturally I will be just as nervous and am not sure if I would pass out there either. I want to know how to prepare for the water breaking, contractions and from what I hear the grossest thing they don't explain about in pregnancy: Two Words - Mucus Plug. Unless you’re exposed to a bunch of pregnant women (which I am not), there aren’t many occasions for it to pop into a conversation. So what exactly is a mucus plug? I am sure when I find out, this will not be the appropriate place to post it. Michelle got the hospital bags packed weeks in advance in the corner of our bedroom with a crisply folded birth plan sitting neatly on the counter. The bag has everything from clothes for us to the digital camera, video camera and everything Michelle will need. I still need to assemble the baby seats for the car, the woman that gave us the tour of the hospital said that the parking lot of the hospital would not be appropriate. I am glad that she told me that, I probably would not have put them in there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About the C-Section comment...

Here's the information we were given before my cousin had the twins. They recommended trying a natural birth. Taking care of twins was a lot of work for me and I didn't even give birth to them. The Dr.s said you have to keep in mind the recovery time of a C-Section is much longer and will make it hard for Michelle to get up and down to take care of them. And there will be a lot of that - especially when they wake up every three hours and are on off schedules.

The downside of that is that she could give birth to the first one naturally and if the second doesn't flip - she could have to have a c-section. So you get double the pain. They told us that was rare though.

Can't wait for the babies to arrive and see them both.

Kyme