Saturday, March 3, 2007

10 Weeks pregnant

3-3-07
Let me start of by saying.....I am so excited!!! We have been trying to have another child (my wife had a daughter 9 years ago with her first husband) for 2 years now. It has been very difficult for me because I thought my sperm was not going to work. We went to a fertility doctor to check me out and the results were slow mobility, low sperm count. After the results of the sperm test, I was advised to take a supplement to increase my sperm mobility. These were four horse pills daily and to be honest I thought they were giving me anxiety attacks so I quit taking them. It turns out it was work related stress but that's a whole other story.

After starting to accept that I may not be able to reproduce without medical help we enjoyed a normal sex life without any protection. And yes we are pregnant with twins! On or about the first of 20th of January I got home form work, had dinner and relaxed on the couch to watch a little T.V. My wife said she had to go to the store to pick up a few things so I thought nothing of it. She returned and I did not see her for a while until she came out of our room. She grabbed my hand and walked me to the bathroom which I thought was odd but when I got there I understood. She had taken a pregnancy test and the results were positive. My first thought was pure joy and to think we never thought it was going to happen naturally. We both looked at each other and she began to cry. I was on cloud 9 and the journey began. We first called my parents and then hers to spread our good news. Everyone was shocked and happy. The first night I could hardly sleep with all of the thoughts of a new baby and it was hard to contain all of my emotions.

Lets jump to the first doctors appointment.

The night before was the Superbowl and after the game a few of my friends stuck around and we talked about having children and I told them I thought I was having twins. We all laughed and I went to bed dreaming about twins.

It was a few weeks later that my wife could get the first doctors appointment. I went to work as usual and she had been working from the house so her appointment was for 10:00 AM. I asked her to call me right after the visit. At around 12:30 she showed up to my work unannounced. I sell produce and our sales office is one big "bullpen". Our desks are in a giant rectangle facing each other to make it easy to hear and interact. We are on the phone all day and it can get pretty intense. My wife came in and my first though was fear because she had just left her appointment with the doctor and she did not call me. She made her way over to my desk and told me she need to speak to me in private so we went into a back office and closed the door. It was awkward yet I already knew in my heart what she was about to say. She pulled out her sonogram and told me your in big trouble, were having twins. What a feeling............. I could not even explain how good I felt! We hugged and I saw a tear of Joy from my wife's eye. We waled out of the back office and all eyes were on us. My wife whispered to me that we better tell them something so I said we have good news, we are pregnant with twins. The owner of my company is a twin and his face just lit up. Everyone was very happy for us and told me to take her to lunch. WOW we are having twins.


The thoughts of having healthy babies and mommy are on my mind constantly. My wife smokes and she has been doing really good by cutting down but I want her to quit completely.
I always try to get her to eat, drink water, take her vitamins and rest to the point of exhausting her. She always tells me that she has had a child before and she knows what to do and I fell helpless.

Second sonogram.

Both babies are so tiny but on is even smaller and after reading everything on the Internet about vanishing twin syndrome, I am scared. The babies are the size of a piece of rice right now but everything looks good.

No comments: