Thursday, March 15, 2007

Busted......by the man (not sure who)

Ouch............ Our 9 year old daughter found out about the twins before we told her. We had a bar-b- que and she was informed by an unknown source. Duh, only the entire family knew except for her and who can keep a secret that big? We are not talking about a small family either, At my last count there are 17 nieces and nephew's who were pretty much all at the Bar-b-que. Nevertheless, my wife and daughter went to visit family for spring break and on the 5 hour trip our daughter spilled the beans. I have been pushing my wife to tell her for weeks out of pure excitement but she wanted to wait until the first tri-mester was over.

My wife called to ask if I wanted to talk to our daughter on the phone about the situation and I was a little upset that I could not tell her in person. Little did I know, she was less than excited. I spoke to her and asked if she was excited about being a big sister and she told me "Not really."

I was miffed about her initial reaction but I guess that being the only child and then finding out from anyone but your parents that you are going to be a big sister could be shocking. After a few days had past, she has warmed up to the idea after assurance that we were still going to love her just as much. She is so funny that she is even telling us the names that she will accept. I am so happy that we have made it through the first trimester and it is no longer a secret.

No comments: