Wednesday, March 28, 2007

14 Weeks - I have got my wife back and we are changing doctors.

What a roller coaster we have been on the first trimester. All I can say is thank you for letting it end. My wife has been so fantastic the past few days and I am so happy. We went out to dinner last Friday night and she explained that she knew she has been pretty moody lately and that she was sorry. I really do appreciate the fact that she said that because I really did not know what the heck was going on with her. We have been getting along really well the past week and I attribute it all to the fact that we are over the first trimester. My wife is looking fantastic and glowing with her pregnancy and I am so pleased with the fact that we are out of the scary first 12 weeks. Not that it is not scary now, I am just happy to be this much closer to giving birth. I also have been trying to do more (rubbing her feet and back nightly) and for that I believe my wife has calmed down.

About the Doc- 5 foot nothing and full of attitude.

Let me start off by saying whatever my wife wants she gets. We were told our doctor was top notch by a great family friend and she just may be but as I told you before, my wife always gets what she wants. Last week when we all went to see her for the appointment, we had to wait in the waiting room for close to an hour. This in itself was enough to change doctors for my wife but not only did we wait, the doctor ran through the appointment at a rabbits pace. She seemed rushed and hurried through our questions. She even went as far to say that there is no way to tell the sex of the baby or hear a heart beat until 20 weeks. Hello, my wife just was told the sex yesterday as well as hearing the heartbeats. I liked the doctor myself but I do understand that my wife must love the person that is going to be in the room with us when she is going through horrific pain and I do expect honesty. If I was a jerk I should have told her "We know the sexes, my wife heard the heartbeats yesterday and your fired."

I am feeling more comfortable about the names Reese and Riley. My wife turned 34 yesterday and I gave her three birthday cards. One from me, our daughter and one from Reese and Riley. She said "Yeah, we are keeping the names Reese and Riley." So I guess there we have it unless Taylor our daughter has her way of changing Reese to Jack. Like I said, Reese was what I wanted for a girl and Riley for a boy but I am starting to like it reversed.

No comments: